Do You Need to Enter New Markets? Do You have the Necessary Capabilities? Do You have the Strategic Partners Required? Is the Business Development Plan Comprehensive?
Business Development is more than just a synonym for sales. It is the process of developing new markets for a company’s products and services combined with developing the necessary capabilities to enter those markets. Some of those capabilities are available or can be developed inside the firm. Other capabilities require identifying and developing strategic relationships and alliances with third-parties. These relationships can leverage expertise, technologies or other intellectual property to expand the capacities for identifying, developing, and bringing to market new businesses and new products.
We help our clients assess capabilities and identify partnerships to leverage new product & service offerings, under-served & affinity markets, sales channels, and M&A opportunities. Using proven frameworks and experience, we help you:
- Identify potential new markets and strategic partners for present and new offerings
- Assess internal capabilities and potential partner capabilities
- Develop compelling value propositions for targeted strategic partners
- Customize your value chain to leverage strategic partners
- Develop plans for implementing equity financing and the acquisition/divestiture of technologies, products, and companies, where appropriate to support your strategic business plan
- Enable your organization to manage the internal processes and strategic relationships to realize the value